Site header

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find a certified arborist?

You can use the Wisconsin Arborist Association's website to search for a local arborist.

Where can I get general information on tree care?

You can contact your local county Extension office The Dane County Tree board is affiliated with the Dane County Extension Office and tree care information is available through Lisa Johnson, the Dane County UW-Extension Horticulture Educator.

For further information, the International Society of Arboriculture has an informative website that covers the following topics:

Where can I get information on power company tree trimming?

What is that pest or disease in my tree?

How should I choose the right tree for my yard?

How do I become an arborist?

What is this tree or shrub?

What is the Emerald Ash Borer (also known as EAB)?

What is Oak Wilt?

How do I prevent and control Oak Wilt?

What is Dutch Elm Disease and how do I manage it?

What is a Gypsy Moth and what does it mean for my trees?

What are Phermone Flakes and how do they affect the Gypsy Moth?

What is bacillus thuringiensis and how does it control the Gypsy Moth?

How do I teach school children about the Gyspy Moth?